Grammar Q & A Newsgroup

Click on Questions and Answers to see the newest messages. If you want to post a message or comment, you will be prompted to login. (If you are not registered, you can do so from the login box.) Remember to bookmark this page to make it easier to return to it.

Grammar Exchange    Grammar Exchange  Hop To Forum Categories  The Grammar Exchange  Hop To Forums  Questions and Answers    You can apply for the job regardless of age and sex?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You can apply for the job regardless of age and sex?
 Login/Join 
posted   Report This Post  
I'd appreciate it if someone would answer my question. Thanks in advance.

Which is correct, A or B? If both are correct, tell me the difference?

A: You can apply for the job regardless of age or sex?

B: You can apply for the job regardless of age and sex?

In my opinion, in B either age or sex can be some kind of limit, so B doesn't make sense. Am I right?
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I agree.
<Richard, Moderator>
posted   Report This Post  
I just wish the punctuation were better. Why do you have all those question marks? The only part that needs a question mark is Which is correct, A or B?

By the way, using please is a nice touch in making requests in English: If both are correct, please tell me the difference.
quote:
By the way, using please is a nice touch in making requests in English: If both are correct, please tell me the difference.

Of course, Richard. Wink

Mido

### An Egyptian ELT working in KSA ###
Thank you Jerry S. And thank you Richard. I used the wrong punctuation.