Grammar Q & A Newsgroup

Click on Questions and Answers to see the newest messages. If you want to post a message or comment, you will be prompted to login. (If you are not registered, you can do so from the login box.) Remember to bookmark this page to make it easier to return to it.

Grammar Exchange    Grammar Exchange  Hop To Forum Categories  The Grammar Exchange  Hop To Forums  Questions and Answers    including me / me too
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

including me / me too
 Login/Join 
posted   Report This Post  
Can I say,

1 Almost everyone has been to school, including me.

2 Almost everyone has been to school, me too.

3 All of us have been studying in a school. I also have been studying too.

Thanks.
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Hi, bear_bear,

We generally say "go to school." We use "be to a place" to refer to some place you get to know by visiting:

4. My children have been to London, but I haven't.

including me is correct and equivalent to me included.

Me too cannot be used at the end but in reply to a sentence said by somebody else:

2a. Almost everyone has gone to school.
2b. Me too.

As regards (3), "also" and "too" are redundant. You can use one or the other, but not both at the same time.
I would actually take Gustavo's point a small step further.

"Me too" doesn't make sense because it implies that the person referred to as "me" cannot be considered part of the group of people described as "almost everyone".
Thanks for your all helps.

The correct way:

Almost everyone has gone to school, including me.