Can I say,
(1) They laughed at the monkey because the ball was taken by it. After a few minutes, the monkey had joined the game.
(2) Its action was funny. They laughed at the monkey. Later, it took the football and gave it to Peter. it joined them to play the football game. It was an unforgettable day.
(3) They laughed the monkey after it took / had taken the ball. After that, it joined / joined in (the) football game with them. Then, they continued playing happily.
(4) They laughed at the monkey. It did many funny action to them. They wanted to take the ball (back), but it did not give them. So they let it to join their (football) game.
(5) They laughed at the monkey. It had taken away their (foot)ball. They felt sad because they could not continue the game.