I mentioned 6 sentences here. I would like to know that some sentences are used after "used to be" with "ing" form and some are used after "used to be" with "ed" form and some are used "used to" without "be". Why?
1) I used to be recording every day
2 I used to bunk my 9th standard classes and record and come back.
3) My dad has been an actor for 12 years, he used to be Ram at one of the Ramlila productions that used to be performed in Delhi.
4) I used to be a tape recorder then.
5) I used to be standing in the wings when my father would nudge me, “Beta jao, go, take the stage.”
6) I used to be prompted and I would sing on cue. My song would be over, I would be looking ahead blankly.
Thanks in advance