To add to Ahmed's answer, "continue" can also be followed by a noun or by the preposition "with," e.g. continue (with) the construction of the property.
Is the verb "continue" followed by verb only?
e.g. I continue own/owning/to own the property?
You can express the idea above as follows:
- I continue to own the property.
- I continue owning the property.
- I continue to be the owner of the property.
- I continue being the owner of the property.
In some special cases, you could also say:
- I continue as (the) owner of the property, but my children are the beneficiaries.